I heart Dr. Sheldon Cooper

by - April 03, 2011

There's a reason why I love The Big Bang Theory and its Dr. Sheldon Cooper. I just love this funny Caltech Theoretical Physicist. I love it when he exhibits a strict adherence to routine such as doing laundry on a specific day and time or eating a specific food on a specific day. He has a tenuous understanding of irony, sarcasm and humor which is so funny most of the time and his vocal admiration for his superior intellect is just endearing... he once claims that his IQ cannot be accurately measured by normal means!  He also places "strikes" on someone if that person violates his imposed conditions, and upon giving three to one person, gives them a choice of either apologizing or taking a "class" which you should avoid  at all cost or just do it online. Though his friends often consider him "insane" or "crazy", he is not and he always stated that his own mother had him tested for insanity in the past".

I simply adore his collection of vintage T-shirts adorned with superhero logos. And the way he spends time shouting (or making sounds with a xylophone) in every theater before a movie, attempting to locate the "acoustic sweet spot" is just so funny. But most important of all is his how OC he is in his refusal to sit anywhere other than his designated spot on the left cushion of the couch in his apartment, which he considers his "single point of consistency in an ever changing world"...  

Funniest quotes from The Sheldon:
"Howard, you know me to be a very smart man. Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?”
“They were threatened by my intelligence and too stupid to know that’s why they hated me.”
“I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with Penny as the Hubble telescope does of discovering at the center of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker.”
“Hello, Penny. I realize you are currently at the mercy of your primitive biological urges. But, as you have an entire lifetime of poor decisions ahead of you, may I interrupt this one?”
 “I don’t know how, but she is cheating! Nobody can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.”



You May Also Like

0 comments