Mind Your Manners!

by - October 31, 2011


Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use.
It has been 90 years since Emily Post published her etiquette book and since then the world has changed so much. We now live in a world where politeness is a must. We have to watch how we act towards others, what we say about others. Especially now where inventions such as social networkings, ipad, skype etc. has made our our world smaller. Information can be had with just one click. Gossips moves along with the speed of light. And thru all this we still have to mind our manners.

Emily Post's Etiquette, 18th Edition - Manners for a New World will show you how etiquette can be essential tool in navigating 21st century communication. Emily Post may have long gone but her granddaughters are here to remind us what to do in the following situations:

• Do I have to respond to every email and text?
• When is it OK to “unfriend” someone on Facebook?
• If I’m in the middle seat of an airplane row, do I automatically get both armrests?
• Is it wrong for the bride and groom to tweet at their own wedding?
• Do I have to bring a gift to my friend’s engagement party?• Should I throw a divorce party?
• Should I cover my tattoos and piercings before a job interview?

And my answer to all this since i haven't bought the book yet...

• Do I have to respond to every email and text? Only if it's important
• When is it OK to “unfriend” someone on Facebook? When you feel that he or she's are wasting your wall space.
• If I’m in the middle seat of an airplane row, do I automatically get both armrests? Well, you're in the middle, you have the right...
• Is it wrong for the bride and groom to tweet at their own wedding? Seriously wrong. It's like you're reminding some of your friends that they're NOT INVITED!
• Do I have to bring a gift to my friend’s engagement party? YOU SHOULD!
• Should I throw a divorce party? Only if your friend is happy with the divorce
• Should I cover my tattoos and piercings before a job interview? Seriously?!

THIS IS A BIG NO-NO!!!

OMG I'm getting married! Bride takes out her phone and starts texting as she walks down the aisle

Read More Here

You May Also Like

0 comments