Not A Movie Review: Until the Break of Dawn

by - September 30, 2014





I love watching Asian movies. There's always a twist somewhere and most of the time its a theme you haven't encountered before. In Tsunagu (Until the Break of Dawn), its a story between Ayumi, a high school student played by Tori Matsuzaka and his grandmother training him to act as a "tsunagu", an intermediary for people who want to reach the dead.





So who do you want to see one more time? This is basically the premise of the movie, its a very compelling one but it made me really sad and i was crying most of the time because it makes me think of my father. And i love the poem they quoted in most part and here's the entire poem/translation of it:

What is life's most important task?

To grow old with a cheerful heart,

to be still, even when I would like to be active,

to be silent, when I would like to talk,

to have hope even times of frustration;

to carry my cross in humility and serenity of heart,

to put aside envy even when I see younger people

walking God's path full of health and energy,

to humbly accept help from others

when it is I who would rather give help.

So, when I can no longer be useful

for others because of frailty,

I need, gently and humbly,

to accept the heavy burden of old age as

A GIFT FROM GOD.

I have a heart that has been in use a long time,

and now God is giving it a final polishing

so that I can return to my true home

all bright and shiny.

To gradually release myself from

the chains that bind me to this world,

is indeed a wonderful work.

When I can no longer do things, let me accept

this restriction with humility.

However, for my closing years,

God has kept for me

the most important work of all, and that is....

PRAYER.

Even if I can no longer do anything else with my hands,

right to the very end I can still join those hands in prayer.

I can pray, asking God to bless all those I love.

As I approach my death,

may I hear God's voice when he says,

"COME! YOU ARE MY FRIEND

I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU".




You May Also Like

0 comments