Food Review: KING CHEF Seafood Restaurant (Lucky Chinatown Mall)

by - May 27, 2015

King Chef Seafood Restaurant; which based their name on the notion that during the olden days, a Chef's goal is to please the King's palate; is now at Lucky Chinatown Mall amidst Manila's large Chinese community. Everyone who's been there has been raving about the authentic Cantonese comfortable food and traditional cuisine being served there. And of course, their famous herbal soup.

The restaurant, which also has a flagship branch along Banawe Street, imbibes a mood of casual elegance with its sophisticated Chinese design. Their booth tables calls for privacy and the glass paneled kitchen shows the non-stop activity of the kitchen staff as well those sumptuous Peking ducks that has been roasted. The restaurant has a spacious look and large seating capacity and function rooms good for birthday celebrations and any other occasions. 

My cousin and I went there to satisfy our Dim sum-cravings and timed it in the afternoon so we could avail of their 50-percent-off-on-all-dimsum-promo.


Our meals start off with Wanton Noodles Soup (not included in the 50% off) and the staff served and showed us the proper way of cutting the noodles.
WANTON NOODLE SOUP




I love how tasty the soup is and the wantons are big and meaty. And putting a little chili sauce in it will provide a unique and tasty combination.

And then, one by one our orders came.

PORK SIOMAI


I super-love their siomai and I could eat more of them.


FRIED PRAWN DUMPLING


The Fried Prawn Dumpling is a must-try. Seriously. You won't regret. I love how crispy the dumplings and there's so much shrimp filling inside. It was delicious.


STEAMED EGG WITH SOY SAUCE
I was curious about Steamed Egg ever since especially when I saw them being eaten in some of Korean dramas I've been watching. I tasted it and it's like eating a spiced Leche Flan or Crème Brule.  I was so full by then because when I tasted the steamed egg, I thought it would be good eating it with rice. Next time.
 

BITSO BITSO
It's not the usual Bitso Bitso that I like but it taste the same.

And this is how our table looks like when all the orders came. I have no individual photo of the Bola Bola Siopao we ordered.



And what's a meal without their house tea. We needed it after eating all of it. 



If you want a Dim sum spread to stave off your dim sum-craving and one you will rave about to friends and families, King Chef's Seafood Restaurant is open daily from 11 AM to 11 PM. And take advantage of their 50 percent off All Dim sum promo available from 3 - 5 PM and 9 -12 MN

Next time, we will try their main dishes menu.

THANK YOU ZOMATO PHILIPPINES FOR THIS WONDERFUL FOOD EXPERIENCE

KING CHEF Seafood Restaurant
2nd Floor, Lucky Chinatown
Reina Regente Corner Dela Reina Streets, Binondo, Manila City
Telephone: +632 720-8594, 720-9062, 466-5765
Mobile: +63 925 805-8246

You May Also Like

2 comments