Mealtime is Bonding Time

by - September 25, 2019

For many Filipino households, mealtime is bonding time. The dining table is the place where the family gather to talk about their day while eating the food lovingly prepared for them. To be honest, its been more than two decades since my family had a real mealtime, all of us in one table. But then I know in my heart of hearts that mealtime in our family will never be the same again with my father gone.

Why am I suddenly thinking about family mealtime you might ask? Yesterday, I saw this father-daughter vlog of Chuckie Dreyfus. The camaraderie, fun and sweet exchanges remind me of the simpler times when our family bonded over mealtimes. Our family were not the type to simply just eat. We have conversations, we talked about anything or even a confession of sorts or often fight, among siblings,  who wouldt dishes even.

Looking back, mealtime is such a good part of my happy memories but the last mealtime with my father was also the saddest and  the most poignant.  I still remember what we ate that time, the conversations we had and the laughter. It can never be duplicated. That is why Chuckie's vlog is so inspiring.

To know more about Chuckie Dreyfus' Mealtime Confessions watch below:










You May Also Like

0 comments