On planning and managing expenses toward financial independence

by - July 23, 2016

When I was in third year of high school my father started getting sick. I saw how my mother struggled with our family budget as portion of my father’s salary went to his medications. There were times we really have to make both ends meet but my mother has become a pro in budgeting and managing our household expenses.

It was also during that time that I started accepting term papers work from my classmates so that I won’t ask for my school allowance anymore. I did that until I graduated from Highschool and it was during that time I realized how important managing your expenses was as I budget my allowance so that I do not add to our household burden. Thankfully my father recovered and the years after that were financially good.

But somehow during my twenties when I started working and earning, and become financially independent from my parents, I forgot how to manage my expenses as I began tarvelling and spending on things which I now realized is a waste of money. It’s a good thing I caught on early and I matured financially.

I’m sure many of us have been in this quandary before and some still suffering from mismanagement of expenses. And as listened to Mr. Aya Laraya during his Planning and Management Workshop at the Brighter Life Institute, he said that all is not lost as we can begin again in planning and managing our expenses.

Photo Grab: Lariza
Start little by listing your daily expenses. Where your money goes, how much did you spend? Then start to budget. You can only do so if you know where your money is going.

As you go on with your life, you can start to plan and think about other things. As you grow older you will encounter added expenses such as food, education, insurance and other living expenses. What about retirement? You need to plan it well also. You need to think about investment during these times too. Investment need not involve large amount. Sunlife Phils can offer you investment for as low as 5 thousand pesos and the payback is good.  And although I don’t want to be morbid here, you also have to think of funeral expenses.

These are the things we need to plan and manage as we go on with our life. Shouldn’t you live your life well, especially as you grow older?

To know more about investments from Sunlife, visit www.sunlife.com.ph or inquire and talk to a Finacial Advisor at 5558888.


You May Also Like

0 comments