Paella Night

by - July 13, 2017

One of my Bucket List includes eating Paella in Valencia, Spain. Why not? It’s a worthy thing to do. But it doesn’t mean I haven’t eaten and tasted Paella yet. I do, and I can say that there’s only a few places in the city which offers authentic Paella.

There’s something about Paella which is heavenly to eat. For me, Paella is a definitive food, it has everything that I love. The rice, the seafood, the meat and the best part is, is the crispy burnt parts you can find around the pan or as its empties out. The toasted rice flavour of the dish is seriously delish.

Why am I waxing poetic on Paella, you might ask. I just remembered the Paella Valenciana we had during a book launch made by Ditto’s Paella Valenciana and Paella Negro. It’s the most unforgettable Paella I’ve ever tasted. That’s why I’m so happy when Ms. Charmaine Pahate organized a Paella Night. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

The Paella Night was held at one of the best-kept secret bar in BGC, the Libertine. Going there, you might be confused if you’re at Libertine because the entrance to the bar I just that, a portion of a roof.


Once at Libertine, I saw the two wide pans holding the Paella Valenciana and Paella Negro which we are about to partake. Before that Ditto shared a little story behind his famous Paella Valenciana and Paella Negro.  The recipes for the two is a family heirloom passed down to many generations.  Ditto told of the many times he was disappointed eating Paellas from the so-called authentic Paella restaurants.  He was weaned in the best Paella and he knows and have eaten the best. Making a big decision, he decided to make and follow his grandfather’s Paella recipe. 

His Paella soon become the talk of the town, especially among his friends. He made a decision to open his Paella kitchen to the public for special orders. Among his clients’ list are several of the known people in our society.


Making his Paella as authentic as possible, Ditto personally prepare the order. He chooses the best and the freshest ingredients in the market. It is not possible for you to order one just like in the fast food, no matter how much you pay him, because he needs at least a day notice prior to delivery date to make sure that he provides his clients the best Paella you will ever taste.

After the story sharing, we were excited to taste the Paella Valenciana and Paella Negro. We paired it with Ditto’s special wines and it has indeed enhanced the taste of the Paellas. My favorite remains to be his Paella Valenciana. Can't get enough of it, really!


Afterwards, my blogger friends and I totally fell into food comas but it was so worth it. Thank you Ms. Charmaine and Ditto for the best Paella Night ever.

If you want to order, Ditto's Paella Valenciana and Paella Negra they are available at the following prices:



For your order, call 0918-96-DITTO (34886) or 0917-5191-777.

Credit to the first three photos. My dear friend Adae Ang.



You May Also Like

0 comments