Beauty Blog: My Day at Skin 101

by - June 09, 2015


I seldom go to a derma clinic but i know where to go to if i want to go to a reliable and professional dermatological treatment. I believe that taking good care of your skin is an investment for your self-esteem and good for building self-confidence. It can only be offered by a very reliable skin clinics. So when a friend invited me for a bloggers' event at Skin 101, I said yes without too much ado and however far it is from my place. You see, I've been hearing so much about Skin 101 certified expertise in derma and cosmetic surgery and their much-raved about RevLite treatment, a melanine lightening procedure using a unique PhotoAcoustic technology.

When i entered Skin 101 ATC, I felt immediately comfortable. Its not your usual skin clinic. The staff are welcoming and very attentive. The clinic's ambiance is elegant and serene that you can only find in a place where they want you feel pampered. 

The owner Dr. Jennie Diaz was on-hand during the blogger's event. Talks on the clinic's services were explained but the main focus that afternoon was the RevLite Laser Therapy. Ms. Ruby Chavez explained the RevLite procedure.



RevLite is a pigment treatment for a spot-less skin and clear results. Its a treatment for sunspots, freckles and unwanted pigment or pigmented lesions. These brown pigments formed when melanin concentrates in one area of the skin, usually as a result of overexposure to the sun's UV rays.

With the Skin 101's RevLite breakthrough, brown spots, freckles and unwanted pigment is mostly permanently remove by use of advanced laser technology with Q-Switched Nd: YAG wavelengths. The light vibrates and shatters the pigment and breaks the melanin into micro particles lightening and removing the dark, aging spots. Most pigmented lesions disappears after 1 to 2 treatments.

So how does this RevLite works?

The RevLite emits light in rapid short pulses at high peak energy  for maximum efficacy and comfort. The impact feels no more than the snap of a thin rubber band. As the light shatters the pigment and diffuses the lesion, the spot will turn gray or white for a few minutes as the skin absorbs the energy. The discomfort you might have will feel similar to a mild sunburn but any redness will dissipate within a day or two as skin returns to its natural color.

Skin 101 professionals are trained for this procedure.

After the talk and sumptuous meal, I was treated to a Diamond Peel with Glycolic Acid Peel. J, (she doesn't want to be named :-)), led me to one of the room and prep me for the Diamond Peel. She began to explain to me what she will be doing. In my experience, diamond Peel is just 15 to 20 minutes treatment but Skin 101 Diamond Peel procedure is longer and i later learned why.
J cleaned my face using different brushes. Her face massages is so soothing i almost fell asleep. She told me ahead what she will do and what she will apply. So when she warned me that the Glycolic acid will make my skin uncomfortable and itchy, i was  waiting for that effect but i felt nothing. She then wiped it off thoroughly and then started with the pricking. She kept asking me if it hurts  and i told her that my pain threshold is high so I'm ok but when she pricked that lone acne, i felt it. I don't have acne breaks in my whole life but there's always that one stubborn acne that always sprout in the nose area especially if i put on new products on my face and i have one that day. But after, i feel so refreshed and my skin feels so soft. I didn't have a swollen face at all and she showed me the whiteheads and blackheads she managed to prick out.

 I could get used to Skin 101 Diamond Peel and luckily there's a branch near my place at the Market, Market.

I enjoyed my afternoon at Skin 101 and you can too.

Thanks again for the invite Spectrumed and Skin 101. #LoveYourSkin

You May Also Like

1 comments